How to GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM FAST as a Fitness Public Figure:



This article goes out to all the fitness enthusiasts out there who feel it’s time they take things to the next level and start coaching, influencing and helping others conquer their goals. You’ve been working out for a few years, achieved amazing results and collected tons of experience- what better way to give back to the community than by sharing the information you know and changing millions of lives.
One of the most effective and convenient ways of sharing information in today’s world, is via social media; there’s no doubt about that! Here are 5 tips for you to grow an Instagram Page centered around a fitness related theme:
Now before I start; one of the first things that you should be doing, is branding your profile and make it look as professional as possible. Make sure you have converted to a Business Profile, come up with a professional sounding name and if possible designed a decent logo or vector to represent your ‘brand’. If you’re looking serious growth, get serious about it!

1.      Don’t be a Robot: There are tons of people out there who upload a couple of images and patiently wait for overnight explosive growth- we all know how that goes.
Socialize! It ain’t called social media for no reason. You need to interact with people on a regular basis for them to want to see your posts and follow you. Try posting at least 4-5 times a week and if possible, once every day. If you run out of images to share, share quotes, memes or any sort of interesting graphic that can keep your audience hooked.
Talking about fitness, don’t stick to just pictures of you at the gym- there are only so many people that might find that interesting. Provide interesting tips and advice whenever possible. Share gym related quotes or memes, if possible. Tell people about your meals and what supplements you use. Get creative!
This brings me to Point no. 2:

2.      Provide value: You cannot expect something in return when you provide nothing! Provide value to your audience in the form of advice, motivation, tips, etc. You have to be providing them with something that will make them want to come back and view your content more often and of course, hit that ‘follow’ button.
Try and follow the 80/20 rule- 80 percent value and 20percent self/ brand promotion. Let 80 percent of your posts be aimed at benefiting your audience and well, play around and see what works best with the remaining 20 percent.

Want personal advice? DM me @shaumiks (https://www.instagram.com/shaumiks)



3.      Engage with posts of the same/ similar niche: Like and leave genuine comments on posts of more well established accounts in the same niche. Trust me, this will help you get discovered by a huge potential audience and that too, with the same interests. However, don’t spam! It doesn’t work- you’re just going to attract a lot of hate your way.

4.      Use Hashtags and Geotags: Again, this will help you be more discoverable and will help you reach out to the people who have similar interests and those that stay in or close to your geographical location. Instagram allows up to 30 hashtags on each post- make use of this feature! Try and refrain from using irrelevant hashtags, as you will only attract tons of uninterested traffic your way, which is not really beneficial in any way.

5.      Ask your followers to Interact with your Photos: Use phrases such as ‘double tap if you agree’, ‘like if you agree’, etc. to create a higher audience interaction, which will help you rank higher in terms of audience engagement and help you reach out to even more people. Giveaways and contests are great way of increasing your audience engagement. Ask your followers to drop a like, tag a friend, share the post, etc. to be entered into the giveaway/ contest.

The Author: Shaumik Saha


CHECK OUT THIS AMAZING 2017 EDM MIX: